Welcome to the Next.js App Router course! In this free interactive course, you'll learn the main features of Next.js by building a full-stack web application.
For this course, we'll be building a simplified version of the financial dashboard that has:
- A public home page.
- A login page.
- Dashboard pages that are protected by authentication.
- The ability for users to add, edit, and delete invoices.
The dashboard will also have an accompanying database, which you'll set up in a later chapter.
By the end of the course, you'll have the essential skills needed to start building full-stack Next.js applications.
Here's an overview of features you'll learn about in this course:
- Styling: The different ways to style your application in Next.js.
- Optimizations: How to optimize images, links, and fonts.
- Routing: How to create nested layouts and pages using file-system routing.
- Data Fetching: How to set up a database on Vercel, and best practices for fetching and streaming.
- Search and Pagination: How to implement search and pagination using URL Search Params.
- Mutating Data: How to mutate data using React Server Actions, and revalidate the Next.js cache.
- Error Handling: How to handle general and
404not found errors.
- Form Validation and Accessibility: How to do server-side form validation and tips for improving accessibility.
- Authentication: How to add authentication to your application using
- Metadata: How to add metadata and prepare your application for social sharing.
Before you start this course, make sure your system meets the following requirements:
- Node.js 18.17.0 or later installed. Download here.
- Operating systems: macOS, Windows (including WSL), or Linux.
Ready to get started?
Now that you've been introduced to the course, let's dive in.